Wednesday, December 12, 2012

We Got It!

Finally! We've come to an agreement with the sellers, and barring anything unforeseen, we'll be in our new home before February :D Three bedrooms, two and a half baths, a gazillion closets, and easy access to the forest. WOOHOO!

OK, true confession: after all these years of heartache, saving, prayer, waiting, more heartache, and finally success, my first reaction wasn't an ecstatic Snoopy dance. My first emotion wasn't elation. What washed over me was a profound sense of relief. Yes, I enjoyed the moment, but it wasn't as I'd imagined. It was similar to the feeling when I got the contract with LI--happy, yes but more a sense of relief that everything I'd gone through wasn't all for naught.

Now I can get back to life. It's as though the last few weeks have been all about holding my breath and now I'm finally coming up for air. So many to-do items on my list have gone unattended, but it's time to dig in.

How about you? What have you waited and worked for over the years? What was your reaction when it finally happened?

4 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

I think relief is the first emotion one feels when one has gone through a difficult time. It's how I felt when the closing date finally happened with my parents' home. Other emotions will happen later. Right now I'm so glad this phase is over.

Julie Jarnagin said...

Congrats!

sandybees said...


Congrats! Wonderful news. I know it may sound like a writer's cliche, but I have waited my whole life to be a Harlequin author. I was the kid who read Harlequins as a pre-teen and dreamed of being a writer. I couldn't be happier about being a Love Inspired author. By the way, I just ordered yours...can't wait to dig into it.

Erica Vetsch said...

Congratulations! Wonderful news!!! I'm so happy for you!

Add to Technorati Favorites