Monday, November 05, 2012

On the Road Again


Just the title of the post makes that awful song run through your head, doesn't it? However, it's become the theme song of my life. For the past few months I've been on the road with the kids or with my hubby, or a combination thereof, at least 8 times. And we're not done! Because hubby has to work, much of the traveling duties fall to me. At this point, I don't bother to fully unpack.

The good:

It's fun to do something different and have something to look forward to
The kids enjoy more time with their friends
I love watching the kids in action, reaping the rewards of their hard work

The bad:

Our home is a wreck because I'm not here to really clean it. Except for a toilet mishap last week.
It's brutal on my NANO word count
It gets expensive!!!

The Ugly:

I can't stop gaining weight. I'm swelling up like a puffer fish from all the eating out.

In any case, since I showed you the video where my baby fell off the beam, I thought it only fair to share the routine that won her 1st place on beam. (She was also 1st on floor, 5th all around.)






Do you travel? How do you not gain weight and go broke on the road?

7 comments:

Erica Vetsch said...

My travel season starts in about a month with driving to bball games.

Loved the beam routine! She's so serious and focused!

Georgiana Daniels said...

That's right--you do put in a lot of miles! I suspect you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Forgot to mention, she did this routine right after biffing it in the warmup. She leaped, missed, hit her "girl bits" then landed on her face. Needless to say, during the routine we were all holding our breaths.

Julie Jarnagin said...

My husband travels a lot for work. I don't know how he does it. I'm such a homebody. I love a good vacation every now and then, but I'm always happy to get home.

CJ Kennedy said...

Part of my shuttle duties will end on Sat. The Eldest just bought her first car!

Your daughter was awesome on the beam.

Anita said...

So cool! It takes me back to the Olympics. :) What a landing; she stuck it! - as I hear you gymnastics aficionados say. :)

Forget the house! Eventually, you'll get a burst of domestic energy and clean it.

Jessica Nelson said...

Wow, look at her!!! I'll bet you're so proud. ;-)

Georgiana Daniels said...

Julie, I am a homebody too! I think that's why this has been particularly hard.

Yay, for your daughter, CJ! I remember those days fondly with our oldest. Huge stress relief.

LOL, Anita! I keep telling myself I will get that burst. Hopefully sooner rather later.

Yes, Jessica! We are extremely proud and really admire her commitment :D

Add to Technorati Favorites