Monday, November 19, 2012

Fashion Faux Pas

Yesterday my hubby insisted on buying me a pair of jeans. Insisting is probably not a strong enough word--he practically forced me. You see, he's the shopper in our family--he buys my shoes, he bought my best handbag, etc--and I've been informed many times over the years that I'm missing some critical female DNA.

Back to the jeans. The ones he picked out have bling on the back pockets. It's as though my butt is saying, "Look at me! Look at me!" It's not my style, per se, but I'll try them out because hubby likes them and because, well, I need pants. Not long ago our oldest was looking at pictures from a trip when she was 8 and she said, "You're wearing the same shirt!" Again with the fashion commentary!

I'm expecting the What Not to Wear crew to show up on my doorstep any day.

While I don't want to be the proverbial frumpy housewife, I also loathe shopping and trying on clothes, and frankly I'm not impressed with most of the latest fashions. Plus I hate--wait, HATE is too mild--spending money. (Unless it's on books. Books are like air. Can't live without them.)

What about you? Do you buy the latest and greatest? Or are you like me and have a hard time caring about clothes beyond not going in public wearing jammies?

9 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

LOL! I don't want to draw attention to my butt either! I like clohes but I don't have the time or patience to shop.

Julie Jarnagin said...

I like fashion, but I do a lot of thrift store shopping. It's fun for me to hunt for a bargain. I hate shopping for jeans. They're either too short or they fit in the store but when I get home they stretch out and are sagging in all the wrong places. Ugh!

Georgiana Daniels said...

LOL, Jennifer! So glad to see I'm not the only one who isn't into shopping.

Julie, jeans shopping is the worst. They really are hard to get a good fit, but I have the opposite problem as you--my legs are shorties.

Anita said...

I pass on bling on the butt, too, though it's a fairly decent butt; however, I would wonder who's looking, too. :)

You should wear those jeans, though. Step outside of the box and be the alter ego for me and the other plain jeans wearers.:)

As for shopping, I wrote a post a couple years back titled, "Was I Born Without the Shopping Gene?" Does that tell you something about me? lol

Thanks for your thoughts on my latest post. You're right - I 'have' blazed my own trail and have NO regrets about that other stuff. I do wonder,though, what makes people do it. Maybe someone will comment an opposite opinion of ours.

Georgiana Daniels said...

Yay for a decent butt, LOL! Mine--not so much. Maybe that's why I needed the help. HAHA, now you have me cracking up, Anita!

Erica Vetsch said...

Bling on your butt...

I was just thinking of going out to find a sassy pair of jeans with some bling on them somewhere...

Your posts always make me smile.

Georgiana Daniels said...

Yes, do it! Then we can be twins at conference :D

CJ Kennedy said...

I hate the show What Not To Wear. Who died and made them the fashion gods? Like all women can wear pointy toed, 2 1/2 inch high heels. Give me comfy Crocs any day!

Georgiana Daniels said...

Yes yes yes--I can't stand that show either. My oldest loves it. Ugh. I'll take comfort over fashion any day, CJ!

Add to Technorati Favorites