Monday, October 22, 2012

Move It or Lose It

Or should the saying be, "Move it AND lose it?"

I suppose this is a piggyback post to my Friday ice cream one. Yes, it's true that I eat a tonnage of ice cream and mostly without regret. Add to that the other junk I consume and the fact I've recently settled into a mostly sedentary lifestyle and we've got a problem!

Between homeschooling, writing and shuttling the kids to their activities, my own health is blowing up-- as is my pants size. Despite walking a mile round trip to get the mail and going up and down the stairs a bazillion times a day, the weight I'd shed last year is making its way home.

What to do?

Cut back on bad food (say it isn't so!) and move more--advice that can never be replaced by a pill, powder or promise of an easier way. I guess God equipped us with the seeds of self discipline for a reason!

All that to say....I'm back to making a concerted effort. You with me? Or do you have an active lifestyle already? Or worse, are you one of those people who don't have to think about it? (Lol, stinkers! I know you're out there!)

6 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Too bad cookies, cake, and ice cream weren't equivalent to fruits and veggies.

Jessica Nelson said...

I used to not have to think about it but as I get older, it's easier for my pants to get tighter. lol
I think the main thing is just to make sure your caloric intake doesn't exceed what you burn, and you'll be okay??? Maybe? Have fun with the cutting down...lol

Julie Jarnagin said...

I workout twice a week. I should probably exercise more, but that's what works with my schedule. My weakness is soda. I really try to only have a few per week, but there is nothing better than a coke or a dr. pepper.

Georgiana Daniels said...

I tried to count ice cream as dairy, but I don't think it's working, CJ!

Jessica, you're so right about the getting older part--it's definitely harder than it was 10 years ago. Sigh.

Twice a week is great, Julie! Soda is my weakness, too, and even though it's diet everyone tells me it's just as bad. Giving up the carbonation would be like tearing off a limb!

Erica Vetsch said...

The battle I never seem to win for long...sigh.

Georgiana Daniels said...

I'm right there with you! For a while I did great, but slowly my weight crept right back to where it was. It's like my body really wants to be this size. Or my hubby wants me to be this size since he keeps bringing home the pie....

Add to Technorati Favorites