Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Nano-Eve!

For some it's a day of costumes and candy, but for me it's all about tightening up my plot and sharpening my pencils. In case you're not familiar with NaNoWriMo, it stands for National Novel Writing Month when the goal is to write an entire book (50,000 words) in one month. To do so requires diligence, grit and typing like your fingers are on fire!

This is the first year I've been able to partake in a while because I'm usually in the middle of another project. While I've considered "shadowing" NANO by doing the word count but not be an official participant, it somehow doesn't work for me. In that situation I'm totally prone to cheating!

Before the midnight kickoff, I have to make sure all my ducks are neatly lined up:

*Plot...check

*Working computer....check, check

*Writing snacks....check and double check!

As you can see, I'm all fired up and ready to keep my nose to the keyboard until this puppy's finished.

Who's with me? If you want to be buddies, my user name is Georgiana D.

7 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Happy Nano-ing!

Julie Jarnagin said...

I love NaNoWriMo! I can't participate this year, but I'm cheering for you!

Erica Vetsch said...

Yay! I'm just sad I can't participate this year. :(

Will you put a word counter up on your blog so we can see all your amazing progress???? :D

Georgiana Daniels said...

Thanks, everyone! Too bad we can't all join forces :(

I do like the idea of a word counter. Putting it on my checklist!

Dusty (To the Moon and Back) said...

I toyed with the idea of joining, but I'm notorious for not quite finishing things plus, I'm not really a writer. :P I just have dreams of grandeur. Happy writing!

Georgiana Daniels said...

LOL, I have started and not finished too. Someday you should try it, Dusty! Do it because it's fun :D

Anita said...

You must have quite an imagination! Orrr...are you writing about someone's life and changing the names to protect the innocent? :)

I've enjoyed your recent visits to my site!

Best wishes with the challenge. I think you will be proud of and pleasantly surprised at the results of your hard work.

Add to Technorati Favorites