Friday, October 26, 2012

A Death in the House


In the seemingly never ending quest for just the right home, we've stumbled upon an unusual opportunity. There's a home in the exact neighborhood we want, with a great floor plan and if all goes well it'll be just the right price.

The only problem is that someone died there! As far as I know, there are no weird circumstances surrounding the death, and I don't think the...er...body was there for any length of time. (Of course, if it was and there are "issues" there's no way I'd move in.)

What would you do? And if you have an interesting story, do tell!

10 comments:

Erica Vetsch said...

I would want to know how the person died. Were they old and passed away? An accident? Murdered?

If I didn't know the person, that would make it easier, too. Walking back into the house again after my MIL died was very hard for me.

Georgiana Daniels said...

If it was murder I definitely wouldn't! Troy just said the man was about 50, but I don't know what the circumstances are.

Domestic Imp said...

Would totally depend on the circumstances of the death. Violent death? No way.

Georgiana Daniels said...

Exactly! That would definitely give me the creeps.

Linda said...

As long as it wasn't something creepy, suspicious, criminal, I'd get over it. And it wasn't someone I knew.

Georgiana Daniels said...

Linda, that's pretty much where I'm at....or want to be. I don't want to miss a great deal because of squeamishness!

Gina Conroy said...

Sometimes ignorance is bliss!! But I would like to know how the person died and the age as well.

Georgiana Daniels said...

I totally wish I was ignorant! (LOL, that sounds so wrong.) If I didn't know about this, it'd be a no-brainer.

Anita said...

I agree with a couple of your other readers concerning death by violence... don't think I could do it. An illness would not bother me.

Even if you didn't want to know and did not ask, your neighbors will surely find a way to tell you eventually. Or, the children would tell your children.

Georgiana Daniels said...

Oh, Anita! You're so right. Someone would definitely blab.

Add to Technorati Favorites