Monday, September 24, 2012

POST-CONFERENCE DETACHMENT SYNDROME

A condition resulting in acute pain and a sense of loss when you say goodbye to your friends, good times, and room service.


While I'm thrilled to get back to my family and a something that resembles a routine, I can't help feeling sad that it's a whole 'nother year until the ACFW conference. It's like intensive learning and a pajama party all rolled into one.

Today is official "Conference Recovery Day" when attendees are not supposed to resume their regular work but instead must relish the past few days and fully absorb all that happened. Of course, there are a few necessities to attend to. For example, no one in my family has clothes to wear and I came home to a full freezer.....in my living room.

Here's to good times, new friends, deepened relationships and eating like it's Thanksgiving for five days! Now it's back to real life and I can only be thankful that God has given me a good one :D

How do you ease back into reality?

4 comments:

Erica Vetsch said...

It's going to take some time! I came back to laundry, a backlog of bookkeeping, the need to ask questions like "Did you practice your piano" and "How did your history homework go?"

A freezer in your living room...you might be eating like it's Thanksgiving for awhile more. :D

Gina Conroy said...

Tomorrow is my conference recovery day. I drove into town this after noon and straight to pick up kids at school. So I guess the answer to your question is I didn't ease back in, but jumped in with both feet.

Danica/Dream said...

I spend the first couple of days home sleeping in and taking lots of naps!

Georgiana Daniels said...

I gave in to a great big nap today too!

As for the freezer, guess who filled it with red velvet cheesecake? It wasn't me!

Add to Technorati Favorites