Tuesday, September 04, 2012

A Year to Remember

Though we're only 2/3 of the way through the year, there's been no shortage of life-changing events for our family. Prayers and plowing went on for years--literally years--before we got our breakthrough. I'd love to say I learned something in God's silence, but alas, I'm not that spiritual. I do trust that one day He'll reveal the purpose for the waiting (other than developing more patience in me--but that's another post.)

This year:

*Love Inspired contracted my book, A Daughter's Redemption, due out Jan 2013


*We FINALLY sold our place, after over 2 1/2 years on the market!!!

*Our oldest daughter got married. (While we've always prayed for a godly spouse, who knew that one would happen so soon???)

Now I can look forward to the conference and upcoming trip to Disney, and most of all knowing that God really did hear me, even when He chose to remain silent. All I can say is when He's ready to answer, you'd better be ready to hang onto your hat because it's going to be a wild ride!!!

Have you endured a season of silence? How did you weather it?

2 comments:

Erica Vetsch said...

SOOOOO excited for all the wonderful changes! And I can't wait to see you.

Wait, you're going to Disney? In CA or FL???

Georgiana said...

CA! We're hoping to all go as a family, although Mallory has other plans that weekend (boo!)

Add to Technorati Favorites